Pay Level: $16.90 - $17.41
Reports To: Center Manager
This position provides receptionist skills for the center, as well as providing support to the Center Manager and Assistant Center Manger with general office tasks.
• Medical/Dental/ Vision Plans
• Sick Leave (5 hours per payroll)
• Annual Leave (4 hours per payroll)
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Seedling Scholarship Available
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life Insurance
• 403 B (Employer match after 1 year or 1,000 hours)
• HS/GED preferred.
• Bilingual/ Biliterate (English/Spanish) required.
• Desire and ability to learn computer and work processing.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License, own transportation and required auto insurance.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide courteous and professional responses to telephone and on-site requests for information from community, parents, visitors and site personnel. Coordinate with the transportation personal in communicating transportation messages to appropriate staff and parents.
2. Responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate records related to USDA program, including meal counts and certificates of eligibility.
3. Coordinate, maintain and compile all records related to in-kind donations.
4. Provide support in the preparation of the monthly newsletter, parent announcements and mailings.
5. Provide support for photocopying of materials and maintain correspondence for designated staff.
6. Responsible for maintaining current information on bulletin board, assuring adequate supply of pamphlets and brochures.
7. Be committed to characterizing a culture of safety within our centers, playgrounds, buses and anywhere that children may be present. Be familiar with and encourage EPICs culture of “See Something, Say Something”.
8. Perform classroom and other center duties, as a priority, when needed.
Other Job Functions:
1. Articulate EPIC’s mission, values and policies to staff and clients; demonstrate commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
2. Adhere to the values that reflect the working culture at EPIC. Thus, honoring and modeling these values as you carry out your duties on a daily basis.
3. Communicate effectively by sharing concerns openly and honestly with appropriate staff members, observes confidentiality in all dealings related to program, staff and families.
4. Provide and maintain a safe, healthy, responsive and nurturing learning environment for all children by modeling professional behavior, open communication, embodying a culture of safety and utilizing effective conflict resolution skills.
Working Conditions/Physical/ Mental Abilities and Processes:
• Duties are performed primarily in busy office setting.
• Work requires long periods of sitting or standing.
• Work requires that you be able to walk, stoop, kneel, light lifting, speak, hear, see, and the ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, bending and reaching.
• Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Additional Skills and Conditions:
• Excellent people skills.
• Sound and mature judgment.
• Work positively in a team setting.
• Demonstrate creativity, hard work, and be willing to try new approaches.
• Proficiency in computers, including MS Word, and MS Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage workloads and meet deadlines.
• Ability to deal effectively and positively with staff, students and the public.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, telephone, copy and fax machines.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Prior to employment, complete pre-employment drug screen, health exam and a TB skin test be an EPIC Health Care provider at no cost to the employee.
2. Must pass initial and periodic background check through the Washington State Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF).
3. Provide proof of MMR vaccination and/or resistance to Measles, Mumps & Rubella.
4. Current Food Handler card (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment).
5. Current First Aide/CPR cards, (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment.
6. Complete Child Abuse and Neglect training and all other mandated training.
7. CEO Approval.
Posted on November 08, 2023
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for this position at the time the job is posted. This is not intended to serve as an all-inclusive list. EPIC retains the right to add or change the duties on this position at any time.
103 N. 7th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902
Monday - Friday
8am to 4pm