Position Title: Transportation Assistant (Early Head Start)
Pay Rate: $16.90 to $17.92 Hourly
Reports To: Center Manager
Ensure that the children are transported in a safe, timely, and appropriate manner, support classroom by ensuring collaboration with the teaching staff; all work is done in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards/ USDA requirements, state licensing requirements and agency policies and procedures.
- Medical/Dental/ Vision Plans
- Sick Leave (5 hours per payroll)
- Annual Leave (4 hours per payroll)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Seedling Scholarship Available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life Insurance
- 403 B (Employer match after 1 year or 1,000 hours)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- HS/GED required.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License & Auto Insurance
- At least one (1) year work experience with young children.
- Basic computer proficiency preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Familiarity with the ethnic background and heritage of families served in EPIC programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Washington State ECE Initial Certificate or Preschool Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA).
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that children enter and exit the bus in a safe manner, remain seated while bus is in motion, and assure that children are released to listed authorized person(s) in accordance with EPIC Policies.
- Assure that age appropriate guidance and activities for children are maintained on the bus, in accordance with agency standards.
- Remain with the children in case of an emergency while the bus driver seeks help.
- Relay communications between home and school to appropriate parent and staff.
- Communicate regularly with parents, encouraging them to attend school events and to become involved in the center.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required.
- Transportation Assistants working four (4) bus runs daily will participate in the classroom to receive training. May work up to 40 hours per week, including time on the bus.
- Transportation Assistants working two (2) bus runs daily will participate in the classroom to receive training. May work up to 40 hours per week, including time on the bus.
- Complete required paperwork as assigned, including attendance roster and absentee slips.
- While in the classroom, assist in implementing classroom activities and preparation of materials and supplies, Implement, support, and promote policies and procedures for Child Abuse and Neglect, Child Guidance and Active Supervision.
- Be committed to characterizing a culture of safety within our centers, playgrounds, buses and anywhere that children may be present. Be familiar with and encourage EPICs culture of “See Something, Say Something”.
- May need to assist in other areas when needed.
Other Job Functions:
- Articulate EPIC’s mission, values and policies to staff and clients; demonstrate commitment to the agency mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Adhere to the values that reflect the working culture at EPIC. Thus, honoring and modeling these values as you carry out your duties on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively by sharing concerns openly and honestly with appropriate staff members, and observe confidentiality in all dealings related to program, staff and families.
- Provide and maintain a safe, healthy, responsive and nurturing learning environment for all children by modeling professional behavior, open communication, embodying a culture of safety and utilizing effective conflict resolution skills.
Working Conditions/Physical/ Mental Abilities and Processes:
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds or a maximum of 70 pounds.
- Work requires period of sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, carrying, twisting, and turning. Speaking, hearing, seeing, and the ability to articulate clearly.
- Extensive travel within assigned bus route.
- Ability to physically assist children on and off the bus.
- Work is performed outdoors for extended periods and under possible unfavorable weather and heavy traffic conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Additional Skills and Conditions:
- Excellent people skills.
- Sound and mature judgment.
- Work positively in a team setting.
- Demonstrate creativity, hard work, and be willing to try new approaches.
- Proficiency in computers, including MS Word.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively and positively with staff, students and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, telephone, copy and fax machines
Conditions of Employment:
- Prior to employment, complete pre-employment drug screen, health exam and a TB skin test be an EPIC Health Care provider at no cost to the employee.
- Must pass initial and periodic background check through the Washington State Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF).
- Provide proof of MMR vaccination and/or resistance to Measles, Mumps & Rubella.
- Current Food Handler card (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment).
- Current First Aide/CPR cards, (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Complete Child Abuse and Neglect training and all other mandated training.
- CEO Approval.
I understand the job responsibilities and qualifications required to perform in this capacity and I further verify that all of the information I submit to EPIC for consideration of employment is truthful and accurate, and I understand the conditions of employment as outlined above:
________________________ __________________ _____________
Signature Print Name Date
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for this position at the time the job is posted. This is not intended to serve as an all-inclusive list. EPIC retains the right to add or change the duties on this position at any time.
EPIC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Posted on November 08, 2023
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
required for this position at the time the job is posted. This is not intended to serve as an all-inclusive list. EPIC retains
the right to add or change the duties on this position at any time.
Return to Job Listings